This is by far the easiest, most delicious slow cooker recipe I have ever made! There is hardly any prep involved. This was such a weight off my shoulders today because I was super busy! I had to take my daughter to the orthodontist and that’s an hour away from where we live, so we had to leave pretty early this morning and we were gone for five hours. When we got back in town, it was already time to get the other kids from school and thankfully dinner was already done (for the most part). I am so glad I get to share this slow cooker recipe with you. I have a Ninja slow cooker that was gifted to me from my mother in law. I posted some links at the bottom of this recipe so you can get your own from Amazon if you don’t already have a slow cooker!
- One 10.5 oz can cream of chicken soup
- 2 packets of dry chicken gravy mix
- 2 cups water
- 2 lbs of boneless, skinless chicken breast
- garlic powder, salt & pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- mashed potatoes, rice or egg noodles for serving
- Season both sides of the chicken breasts with the garlic powder, salt and black pepper.
- In the slow cooker, whisk together the cream of chicken soup, 2 packets of dry chicken gravy, and water until smooth.
- Place the seasoned chicken breast into the slow cooker and spoon some of the gravy mixture on top. Covering the chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours
- When the chicken and gravy is done cooking, take two forks and break apart into chunks or shred it to smaller pieces.
- Stir in sour cream and serve immediately atop mashed potatoes or your choice of rice or egg noodles.
I baked some biscuits in the oven and whipped up some mashed potatoes. I also steamed some organic broccoli as a nice addition to this meal. Enjoy! Let me know how you liked it in a comment below. 🙂