This Southern Banana Bread is sure to be loved by everyone! I usually make it out of the blue and it’s like a big surprise for the family! Your home will smell so great while it’s baking in the oven and your kids and husband will be asking “What’s that smell?”
Then you’ll tell them Southern Banana Bread from my friend Christine and suddenly they can’t wait to try it and fall in love!
It’s the first week of September here in Florida and for us that means at least another month or two of the heat, but we can’t help ourselves but to get into the Fall mood. The stores are filling up quickly with all things pumpkin spice and hopefully I’ll have a good recipe to share with you soon featuring some pumpkin! For now, banana bread is a perfect way to kick off the Fall baking in your home.
Here’s the recipe! Be sure to use organic, non-gmo ingredients as much as possible. I used organic sugar, butter, eggs and bananas. 🙂
Southern Banana Bread
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar + 1 teaspoon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup ripe mashed banana
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9×5 loaf pan with non-stick baking spray and sprinkle 1 teaspoon sugar on it. Set the pan aside.
- Beat the butter until creamy. Add the sugar and beat again until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and mix in.
- Stir together the flour, baking soda, and salt and slowly beat into the butter mixture.
- Stir in the banana and sour cream until completely incorporated.
- Spread the batter in the prepared pan and bake for 60-65 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out mostly clean. Let the bread cool in the pan for 10-15 minutes, then flip it out onto a serving plate, slice and serve warm.