Yesterday was my step-son Ethan’s 12th Birthday and him and his father absolutely love Strawberry cake for their birthday’s, so this time I’d like to share the recipe with you so you can make it at home for your family.
First I use 1 box of Pillsbury Purely Simple White Cake Mix
and the ingredients it calls for. You’ll also need one 3oz package of Strawberry Jello (1 cup cold water and 1 cup boiling water).
For the topping, one 8oz tub of cool whip, 1/4 cup powdered sugar, and 1/4 teaspoon of almond extract. Sliced strawberries for on top.
- Bake cake according to box directions in 9×13 pan.
- Let cake cool for 15 mins, while cooling make the jello according to the package directions.
- Using a fork, poke holes into cake.
- Pour Jello over the top of the cake.
- Cover the cake and place into the fridge for 3 hours.
- Combine the cool whip, powdered sugar and almond extract in a bowl.
- Spread on top of cake and arrange the sliced strawberries as desired.
- Chill in fridge for an hour and enjoy!